You never know who is looking, or might recognise a name and pass on info.
I have researched most of my branches back to the early 1700s - but it must be noted, that I only have verified info for them all up till 1800, as I haven't as yet been able to purchase certificates for them to be 100% confident. In some cases, these certificates just don't seem to exist (Newfoundland and Ireland having similar histories in that their records offices went up in smoke and destroyed quite alot of valuable info). But mostly, its a question of economics. I'll get round to it.
In the meantime, I am trying to flesh out the histories around the people that I have verified.
For those interested:
- HARVEY – Carbonear, Newfoundland and Kent England;
- POTTLE – Carbonear, Newfoundland;
- BOOTHER – Kent and London, England;
- SULLIVAN – Kent, England and Cork, Ireland
- McKENZIE – Aberdeen, Scotland;
- SWANSON – Aberdeen and Olrig, Caithness, Scotland;
- LITTLE– Kilmanock, Ayr and Edinburgh, Scotland;
- DUNCAN – Edinburgh, and Cupar, Fife Scotland
- Seeking descendants of TURNER, BARCLAY, McKENZIE - descendants of Alexander McKENZIE (b 1865, Aberdeen, Scotland) and Georgina SWANSON (b 1869, Caithness, Scotland) - children: George, Margaret (Cissie), Robert, David, Mabel and Elizabeth (Betty)
- Seeking info on ancestors and descendants of James Edward HARVEY (b1871 Freshwater Newfoundland) & Evelyn Julia POTTLE (b1872 Flatrock Newfoundland) - Canada
- John William HARVEY (b abt 1836 Clowns Cove Newfoundland), m Elizabeth SNOW; & father William HARVEY (b abt 1803 ?Ireland?) m Jane NOEL/NEWELL
- Seek descendants of Margaret (Cissie) McKENZIE (b abt 1897 Aberdeen, Scotland) & James TURNER, children Alex, Margaret, Doreen, Eric, James
- Seeking info Daniel SULLIVAN (b 1831 Cork?) m Julia UNKNOWN (b abt 1834 Cork?), children Ellen, Johanna, Michael, Margaret
You can contact me via a request to join there, or via this blog.